ADiT - Drama and Theatre Agency founded in 1993 by Elżbieta Manthey; the first agency established in Poland to promote contemporary drama by Polish and foreign authors.
Born in Wrocław, graduated from Wrocław University, the Faculty of Theatre Arts. From 1982 to 1989 she lived in West Berlin. She is involved in a wide variety of activities concerning theatre projects.
ADiT promotes theatre arts and deals with copyrights of contemporary Polish plays. The agency holds and provides licence to copyrights of the plays listed below. It also runs a publishing house which has published several volumes of An Anthology of Contemporary Austrian Drama (including Peter Turrini, George Tabori and Felix Mitterer), as well as Anthologie polnischer Dramen der Gegenwart for Frankfurt 2000 Book Fair, and American Plays which appeared in issues 4-6 of the "Teatr" magazine. The agency initiates promotion events and activities and cooperates in organising open readings or stage presentations.
The agency is focused mostly on a new generation of playwrights, such as Ingmar Villqist, Jerzy Łukosz, Dagna Ślepowrońska and others.
* successful presentation of Polish and foreign plays at the prestigious festival Festiwal Festiwali SPOTKANIA, Warsaw 2002;
* cooperation in producing an outstanding play by Margaret Edson, Wit (translated by Hanna Szczerkowska, with a leading role of Teresa Budzisz-Krzyżanowska, at the Studio Theatre Warsaw);
* new presentations (world premieres): Vincent in Brixton in the Ateneum Theatre (translated by Hanna Szczerkowska)
* in a survey conducted by the "Teatr" magazine the plays translated by Hanna Szczerkowska (Fuddy Meers , Proof and Wit) were voted the best foreign plays of the year;
* since its inception in 1993, the agency has managed to introduce a great number of new titles which were later put on stage. On average, due to ADIT's activity, a dozen premieres a year are produced of both Polish and foreign plays.
Contact us via email@example.com